Just about over a month ago Jakob started playing soccer with an indoor soccer league that plays up at the U of U. His team is the Chivas. Our family's friends the Mendoza family all play soccer and they invited Jakob to start playing with them. Normally, Sergio the Mendoza family's Dad is the one who plays on this particular league that was for adults only but this season the league decided to open up for kids and Sergio decided to coach. I think that with Sergio being the coach and having Nina, Sergio Jr., and Jonathan on the team Jakob is enjoying soccer more than he ever could imagine that he would. Alora has asked to play next season if the league keeps the kid division going and Eethan Negrete wants to play too. There is talk about splitting the team into two for next season because there are so many kids who want to play. And I figure hey, I drive the van - why not be a fan! Right, kids! - Hanna
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
How fun for Jakob. I am so jealous...I played on lots of soccer leagues when I was a kid and absolutely LOVED it. Memories are so much fun to relive. You are such a cute mom. When they play on that league next year, I want to come watch. I went to the Negrete's soccer game once and watched all three of them play on two different fields at the same time. It was so much fun. I think we should for sure have fun and I want to be a fan too...can I ride in your van with you?
Post a Comment