
They came in on Wednesday night and I picked them up at the airport. I was early and I was waiting for them at the baggage claim when they came in. I was so excited to them I was tearing up with happiness. Josh had gotten so big and when I asked him - When did you get so big? He replied with "on June 8th" which made me laugh out loud, June 8th is his birthday and he'll be 7 this year. I remember the first time meeting him when he was a baby, I came to San Diego to see them, I traveled alone which gave me such free time to really be with him and Mommy, that was such an awesome trip.
Anyways, back to current. Josh is bigger than Jake and Jake has a year and a half on Josh. When Josh was leaving Aunt Ivonne gave some of Josh's new clothes that he'd just out grown to Jake (thanks again). Our Bible Boys are growing up. Wednesday night we grabbed pizza on the way home from the airport, got home, ate, and just hung out. It was a relaxing way to begin our vacation.
Anyways, back to current. Josh is bigger than Jake and Jake has a year and a half on Josh. When Josh was leaving Aunt Ivonne gave some of Josh's new clothes that he'd just out grown to Jake (thanks again). Our Bible Boys are growing up. Wednesday night we grabbed pizza on the way home from the airport, got home, ate, and just hung out. It was a relaxing way to begin our vacation.On Thursday we all went swimming at the West Valley Family Fitness Center. Ivonne loved that it was snowing outside while we were inside playing in a heated pool. Josh loved that it was big and designed for kids. The kids played around and we hung out in the pool. When we were done we ate lots of junk food snacks from the concession stand and my tummy hurt from it, but I toughed it out all in the name of fun! Since Matt had to go to school that night Ivonne and I decided we'd go back to the fitness center but we'd workout while the kids played. Everyone had fun but we had to cut it early - the child care closed, and it is next to impossible to workout with a 3 year old on your skirt tails.

Friday, we went to the dollar store and let the kids pick their own items. Kids choose the most odd choices when the parent gives free choice, Alora got a bucket and 2 rubber Centipedes, Bradford got whiffle balls and a dog toy that vibrates, Jake got candy(shocking huh) and truck, and Josh got a stuffed animal and a truck. And we all - even us adults got candy for the movie we'd be going to later that night. We went to The MegaPlex at The District that evening to see Monster Vs. Aliens. I love the theatre there, it's new, it's big, it's nice, it's in an open mall shopping plaza with many of our favorite stores, it's just great. Not to mention the memory foam seats and the option to preselect your seats, how nice to have an entire row all to us!
Monsters Vs. Aliens is awesome. It is so funny, the characters just knock your socks off. After the movie we all tried to name who was our favorite character of the movie but we couldn't we all loved each one. I totally recommend seeing it. It's two thumbs up, way up.
Saturday, was our busy day. I had planned for Ivonne and I being able to spend the day together without children so that we could have our girl friend time. My loving husband watched the kids for us so that we could make it happen. I told Ivonne that Saturday was our day and that I'd already made some plans for us but that it was a surprise for her. We started the day at the coffee shop, Ivonne got a Mocha and I got my fav - Quatro Skinny White Mocha no cream. Next we found our way to Skin Works Spa where "we got our toes did". We had the hot stone pedicure, oh how nice it was! After Skin Works we wondered around Dancing Cranes for a bit before heading back home. 
So after the park, it was back to girl time.
Matt watched the kids again so we could continue on with our girl time. We got home late from the park so we got ready fast. All Ivonne knew about the night is that she needed to wear a black shirt and that we'd be going out with my Mom, and Sister. My Mom and Shayla picked us up at 5pm - all of us in our black shirts, Ivonne still wondering WTF, and we took the train downtown. Downtown we met up with Brenda my Mom's friend and Brenda's family. Brenda let the cat out of the bag when we were walking, but it was cool Ivonne was up for what was in store - The Salt Lake Roller Derby Girls Match - What What!!! So we had originally planned to eat at The Dodo in Gateway but when we got there the wait was 45 minutes and that was our total time to eat and get to the Salt Palace for the start of the bout. Well we were hungry so we found our way to CostaVida, stuffed ourselves silly with BajaMex and walked our assess off to get there in time. We had tickets in advance so we didn't have to wait in line when we arrived, Brenda had already saved us seats, and we walked in with just enough time to use the little girls room, put on our Habits, and grab a beer. At first, it was confusing since I didn't know the rules of the game but I knew which team I was there to cheer for and that was enough for me.
We dressed as Nuns and we cheered for the Sisters of No Mercy. Hey Sista, Go Sista. I picked up on the rules pretty quick, after all it's Roller Derby, right. Hell, yeah It's Roller Derby, Baby!!! 
We dressed as Nuns and we cheered for the Sisters of No Mercy. Hey Sista, Go Sista. I picked up on the rules pretty quick, after all it's Roller Derby, right. Hell, yeah It's Roller Derby, Baby!!! 

I'm hooked - can ya tell? I can't wait to do it again. *Oh and check out the Bishop and Cardinal - definitely fans.
Check it, Check it, Check it out ya'll http://www.saltcityderbygirls.com/
Sunday we woke up to a blizzard, I kid you not, it was a blizzard. I think that I muttered a couple of ugly words about the weather but I know it was fun for Josh to see. Ivonne and Josh went to spend the morning with Albert and Michelle. Jake had a soccer game scheduled but he didn't want to go, he wanted to hang out with Josh, so we didn't go to soccer. Ivonne made dinner that night, which was awesomely fabulous - Muchas Gracias Ivonne. We watched Enemy Mine from the mid 80's starring Dennis Quaid. Enemy Mine was totally one of my favorite movies when I was young, it was fun for me to share it with everyone, but the best part of watching it again is that everyone else liked it too. If you haven't seen it you should add it to your Must Watch list.



Monday we slept in, way in, like past 10am in. It felt so good! We didn't rush our morning and Alora made us a delicious pancake breakfast. After we ate we slowly got ready to head out for the day. Once we left we soon found our "adventure destination" for the day at Jumping Jacks.

Check it out http://www.jumpingjackkids.com/ I'm going to let the pictures do the talking about our time there. 


After Jumping Jacks we picked up Matt and went to Souper Salad for dinner. The last time I had eaten at Souper Salad I thought it was yummy, but unfortunately this time it was Not! I'll not eat there for sometime, or if ever again.



Monday we slept in, way in, like past 10am in. It felt so good! We didn't rush our morning and Alora made us a delicious pancake breakfast. After we ate we slowly got ready to head out for the day. Once we left we soon found our "adventure destination" for the day at Jumping Jacks.
Check it out http://www.jumpingjackkids.com/ I'm going to let the pictures do the talking about our time there.
After Jumping Jacks we picked up Matt and went to Souper Salad for dinner. The last time I had eaten at Souper Salad I thought it was yummy, but unfortunately this time it was Not! I'll not eat there for sometime, or if ever again.Tuesday was their last day here. We were so sad to see them go but so happy to have been able to be together. We didn't plan anything to do that day although the kids really really wanted to go to the Clark Planetarium. We hung out around the house until it was time to take them to the airport. They had to be there about 115pm, so the morning didn't last long. When we got back from dropping them off and we walked in the house Alora said "It seems so quiet with them gone" and I couldn't help but notice the same. It was quiet, and I wanted them to stay longer too.
Wednesday it was back to work, but I swear my eyes were brighter and my spirit refreshed. It's amazing what some good friendship with some good laughs and no work can do for a person.
We Love You, Ivonne and Joshua. We can't wait until we can be with you guys again.
We Love You, Ivonne and Joshua. We can't wait until we can be with you guys again.



2 comments:
That was such a sweet post! I'm so glad you got to enjoy your friends. :) Sounds like you had a lot of fun.
WOW just reading this made me cry!!! Thank you so much for making this such a memorable trip. I hope we don't have to wait 3 more years to do this again!!! Luv and miss ya!!!
Post a Comment