Is Horrid! Since we've moved in (starting day 1) we've had problem after problem. Let me just say the other day Matt wrote out a 3 page list of problems we've had with this house. These are problems and not things that are aesthetic. Ranging from the most disturbing major issue of rodents - yes my friends Rats and mold down to orange gelatinous sandy mass pouring from our faucets and every thing that you could possibly imagine in between. Needless to say our Landlord and Property Management company finds this house a money pit and is pretty reluctant to make the "livable" repairs. We have a fantastic law suit established, if we want one. But ya know, I don't really want to go down that road. The time, the energy, the frustration for what? a few dollars - not worth it. So of course the management company is voiding our lease and allowing us to move - stating they'll refund our total deposits.
We've put an application on a lovely beautiful home and I truly hope we get approved. I fell in love with it. I can't stop thinking about it. I feel obsessive and like I am going crazy thinking and dreaming about it. It is larger and more open then our Utah house (which I love) and so much more than this cracker box we are "living" in now. It's new and modern and updated and just fantastic. If we get approved we plan to move within this month. We are all so done with our current house and it's only been 2 months.
Here is the problem - the kids have to transfer schools. I hate that idea, even though I don't love Alora's school. I just keep trying to think of it as - better now than finishing out this lease then moving when they are more settled. We (Matt and I) keep trying to talk with them about how they feel about it and really the only concern that comes up from any child is from Alora. She doesn't want to be the new kid again - which I totally understand. I remember being the new kid like a hundred times! I really don't want this to effect her long term since she is at such an important age in her life. She is so busy figuring out who she is and where she stand socially. What I do know, is that academically and economically - the new school prevails. What choice do I have but to move them? I know that long term they will be so much more happy in this other house.
So let's say this other house doesn't pan out. We still plan to keep looking and to move. We just can't stay in this place. Every day I hate it more and more. And I am not a hateful person . . . but I do hate this house. I am attaching photos of this house but I really can't wait to post video of the new house! Cross your fingers and say your prayers. Wish us luck.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment