Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Goodbye 2008 Hello 2009
Well another year gone and a new one on the horizon! And I'm really not sure how I feel about all of it. I know most people are excited to see the dawn of a new year - a chance to start fresh and to make resolutions - but at this moment as I reflect back on the past 12 months I am saddened to see it go. 2008 was a great year! It was filled with so many wonderful things; Matt and I finally married, the kids found activities that they love being part of, and they really settled into school, Baby Ava was born and we were also able to do some amazing traveling. I suppose that I am a bit anxious in thinking of what is to come - will it compare to the greatness of the year that's gone? Will it be better? Could it be better? And now I think HEY wait a minute Hanna!! There were struggles of 2008 too, how soon you forget! Matt was laid off not once but twice and he also had to have surgery to remove his incredibly infected gallbladder which we had no health insurance to aid in the cost! And after an emotional and costly legal fight Sydney moved to Moreno Valley, California with her birth Mother. So it has occurred to me (and only now as I am writing this post) that things will be just fine in the year to come. And I know that we will find the joy, the fun, and the fulfilment in 2009 just as we did 2008! So now without hesitation - I say "Welcome New Year, Welcome" - Hanna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are so cute. I love your post. I think it's great taking a step back and being all thoughtful like that.
There were so many wonderful things that did happen in 2008 lets make more memories for 2009..good and the bad and of course the ugly.
With Family and Friends we hold dear to our hearts
Love you Osbornes
GramsK
Post a Comment